Oxalis corniculata linn – Ayurvedic Herb
The plant oxalis corniculata Linn belongs to the Oxaledaceae family. Because of its amlarasa the plant is known by the name changeri because of this it acts as rochana
As per some author marselia minuta is the original changeri since chatushpathri is the common synonym used by all the acharayas
Leaves of marsdia minuta are quadrifoleate and maybe it is the real source of chatushpathri but not axalis corniculatas.
Changeri is described in the brihathrayi among the vegetable category . but it is found to be extensively used and included in the amlavargadravya’s of Rasashastra charaka and susrutha have high lighted its utility in grahani and arshas.
English : Indian sorrel, yellow oxalis
Hindi : Thenapathiya
Kannada : Pullampurachi
Malayalam : Puliyarila
Tamil : Puliyarai
Telugu : Pulichit
Bengali : Amrul , Amasalasaka, amatute
Punjabi : Khattibutti
Marathi : Ambutti , Ambotti
Panchangas and leaves
Swarasa – 1-2 thola (6 – 12 gms)
Sunshinaka changeri ghrita
Analgesic, anti flammation its local application help in in flammation , headache , moles and eye disorders .
Angina pectoris changeri Kalka applied on chest
Garjooraka Rock salt mixed with changeri rubble on the spoty of sting
- Sunni sannaka – changeri ghrta (cha. Chi 1 4/239 -42)
- Nagaradhi grita (cha . chi. 14/110- 12)
- Vegetable of the leaves of thrivrit danthi changeri chitra fried in ghee and oil and mixed with curd should be given ( cha, chi, 14/ 122)
- Proplapse of rectum – changeri grita (cha. Chi. 19/143)
- Athisara –
- changeri grita
- Kada (Adultary preparation) made of changeri chukrika dughadikawith fatty layer of curd, ghee and pomegranate seeds shouls be used (Su chi. 8/131)
- Insanity – changeri leaves and sour gruel and jiggery in equal quantity should churneel together it controls insanity with in three days
- IVS (irritable bowel syndrome ) – changeri gritha with thakara
, Juice is given in alcoholism
It improves the taste and apetite . it is also linear stimulate and astringent therefore useful in distaste anorexia, hemorrhoids, rectal prolapse curry of the leaves improves appetite, leaves boiled in butter milk are used in dysentery.
Cardiac tonic and haemostatic. It is vasoconstrictor because of assignment property it is effective is heart diseases and bleeding disorders.